Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!


I hope everyone is having a great Easter and getting to spend time with friends & family. This time next week my Mom, Step-Dad & Sister will all be here for a nice visit. They are staying a whole week! I can't wait. And, my yard is just bursting with Springtime hellos for them, too:


I got my little "mini" herb garden all ready and we'll just keep our fingers crossed that my seeds will actually grow! I'll keep you posted. We really can't plant a "garden" around here, although I would love to. We just have too many critters living out here in the forest and they would eat everything that came up. Plus, we decided that it's probably not a good idea to offer anything that would attract them even more {especially the bears!}. I'll be doing good just keeping my Hummingbird feeder out of arms {or paws, rather} reach!

So yesterday I made this awesome little necklace with a "Vintage Optical Lens" that I got from "stilettoheights.etsy.com"


I named it "I Can See Clearly Now" – Rosanne asked me how I got the names for my stuff, so I'll try to explain it – it's rather simple, really. You see, my brain was obviously incorporated with a record player built right in. I always have a song playing in there at any given time. I can wake up in the middle of the night even and have a song playing in there. Just like right now, I have "Me & Mrs. Jones" playing in there! Don't even ask me where that came from, since I haven't heard that song in forever and it certainly don't have anything to do with this post, or even what I'm thinking about right now! So, when I'm making something I always have a song that pops in my head and that's usually what I name the piece. You know how when you look at something you try to "relate" something else? That's what I do, but I always use a song. Like if I look up at the clouds and see one that looks like a horse, for instance. Instead of looking like just a horse, a song about a horse will also pop in my head, like "Wildfire" or something like that. It's rather annoying at times and it used to drive me crazy because I had a hard time concentrating because of it. But now, I've found a way to use it to my advantage and I'm glad those songs are forever playing, because it makes naming my jewelry really easy and I would probably, otherwise, struggle with that part. Plus, it sure comes in handy when I'm hiking in the woods! I-Pod? I never even use mine, since I have my own built right in. The only thing that sucks sometimes is when a song is playing that I really don't like that much and I have a hard time "changing the record".

Have a wonderful day! Remember, you can wear your White Shoes Now! And, before I go, I want to wish Lora a big "Happy Birthday"!!! Hope it's your best one ever!!

Xxoo & peace always ~ Kathy

"There are always flowers for those who want to see them" – Henri Matisse

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if that is a good think or a bad thing to always have a record player going in your head like that! But you and I must be around the same age...I can tell by the songs you pick.
    And all I know is that after I read your blog and see one of your songs that has popped into your head, I'M stuck with it in MY head for hours!
    Hope you are having a nice day and I'll talk to you soon. OH..and THANKS for answering my question!
    Rosanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosanne! Hope you had a good weekend, too ~ ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments ~ ♥